Background

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Peanut Pictures

On April 30th, our niece Gabriella, a.k.a. Peanut, was born.

It's been a while since there has been a baby in our family, not since Evelyn was born several years ago.  I wasn't as into taking pictures back then as I am now, so it has been fun taking pictures of my newest niece.

Peanut has DiGeorge Syndrome.  She was born with a cleft lip and palate.  She has a heart problem and some problems with her larynx.  All the obstacles she faces are fixable and for that we are blessed.

I love her little face, toes, fingers... I can't wait for her to be out of the NICU and home with her family!










7 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, what a small little thing! It amazes me how tiny some of these premies are. My first daughter was 5lbs 13oz and I thought she was teeny, but compared to prmeies she as big. Great job on the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like a big girl in some of these pictures but she was only 3 lbs 14 oz when she was born! And she was only three weeks early! Her mom and dad are short though so I blame them, haha.

      Delete
  2. Aw, what a sweet baby. I hope she gets to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete